Feb. 6th 2012
Well folks, I weigh a whoppin' 175, and I am gaining weight, I don't know how that's happening. I walk like 5 miles a day. I think it's all these baptizing muscles... sigh...
Yes I baptized G------ on Saturday, our golden. Sad that he isn't our investigator anymore, he's a member now but still way cool. I baptized him and he was crying! In the service we watched the restoration, then the first counselor J----,played a song on the guitar for g------ about the first time he was baptized it was like no other baptism I've ever been to! He played the song he wrote and at the end instead of sitting down looked at everyone and said in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. I realized the song was his testimony! G------ gave me the biggest hug and he said thank you so much-just lookin' at me.... I felt really mature, it was weird... I'm not used to that feeling!!! haha just kidding.
We are going to teach an english class! What a blessing to know two languages and this will bring us MANY news (new investigators) Thats what's up Brasilian missinoaries! I know English!!! Muah ha ha!!.
I almost fell into a cement hole! Here in brasil instead of manholes in the street they have these cement squares on the sidewalk to get in the sewer, anyway I stepped on one and it was crooked and I fell in but caught myself with my other foot and I was walking so fast I kinda just fell in front of it.... it was pretty lucky ha ha. I just kept on walking almost without a break cuz I was reading something interesting to elder guthrie.. I met this guy named A------- that I think John baptized or taught, he stopped the car and yelled at me. It scared me. He was like I know your brother really well but I'm way inactive! (people here sometimes don't act like its a bad thing at all cuz the church is still new)
Elder Vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment